Legacy - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy - Forum

a forum for the use of the members of the Horde PvE guild legacy From the the private server BurningWoW

HomeHomeRegisterSearchLatest imagesLog inThe Armory

The Polymorphic Paladin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crescendo
Forum Newbie

The Polymorphic Paladin Empty
PostSubject: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:41 am

A paladin can:

Tank in Raids
Heal
Melee DPS (SoB + Haste!)
Spell PvP (Wasn't this nerfed or something?)

A paladin can't:

Taunt (Righteous Fury =/= Taunt)
Stunlock (No, Hammer of Justice + Repentance =/= stunlock)
Shapeshift
Back to top Go down
|\ Spyder /|
The Forum Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 pm

But they can do this!

/assist
/cast Righteous Defense
/assist

no its not taunting, it dosent increase your threat against a target already targeting you, but it immediately takes threat away from another person. warriors cant do that as far as i know Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://legacy-netherstorm.forumotion.com
Arrelion
Corpse Maker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Yes, righteous defense actually helps a lot when high DPSers keep taking aggro away from the tanking pally. It works most effectively.
Back to top Go down
|\ Spyder /|
The Forum Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

and Consecration + Righteous fury = AoE threat gain. NO one can do that but pallies, even if its slight, its still an AoE threat gain. i dont see warrs using whirlwind or thunderclap to draw goblin group mobs (a large amount of mobs. eg more than 4)
Back to top Go down
Crescendo
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Oops forgot Multi-Enemy tanking >.<
Back to top Go down
|\ Spyder /|
The Forum Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:36 pm

pallies I'd say would have to be the most effective raid member, just beating the shaman. not only do these classes provide the most versatile group buffing (frost, fore, shadow, nature, disease, curse and poison resistance) paladins provide the best individual buffs (blessings) attacking benefits (judgments of wisdom, light and crusader) off healing (mana regain is amazing and healing is brilliant for non healing specs) solid and constant dps (their not affected by mana loss, as elemental shamans are) they can tank, heal and dps all effectively (not other class can do that) they can save other members (righteous defense = instant draw, and bubble = instant 10 second anti wipe) and they can also out heal any other class (lay on hands can crit for a max of 21k, that's an instant save.)

imo, even though I play hunters and shamans, undeniably, paladins are the most invaluable, versatile and effective class of the 8 available. nothing else can heal, tank, dps, antiwipe, save, buff, debuff or PvP quite as god as a paladin!

Last edited by | Spyder /| on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crescendo
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 pm

|\ Spyder /| wrote:
pallies I'd say would have to be the most effective reaid member, just beating the shaman. not only do these classes provide the most versatile group buffing (frost, fore, shadow, nature, disease, curse and poison resistance) paladins provide the best individual buffs (blessings) attacking benifits (judgements of wisdom, light and crusader) off healing (mana regain is amazing and healing is brilliant for non healing specs) solid and constant dps (their not affected by mana loss, as elemental shamans are) they can tank, heal and dps all effectively (not other class can do that) they can save other members (righteous defence = instant draw, and bubble = instant 10 second anti wipe) and they can also out heal any other class (lay on hands can crit for a max of 21k, that's an instant save.)

imo, even though I play hunters and shamans, undeniably, paladins are the most invaluable, versatile and effective class of the 8 available. nothing else can heal, tank, dps, antiwipe, save, buff, debuff or PvP quite as god as a paladin!

Have to disagree there..

Druids make off for better single enemy tanks, better DPS, and Pvp.
HoTs are invaluable for a good raid, the combat-usable revive.
Buffs - gotta hand it to pallies.
Back to top Go down
metalli-guy
Guild Elite
Guild Elite
metalli-guy

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:38 am

Lay on hands can crit for 33k.
Back to top Go down
|\ Spyder /|
The Forum Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:52 am

metalli-guy wrote:
Lay on hands can crit for 33k.

lol. i fail Crying or Very sad

and yes cres, druids In-combat ress is one of the best raid abilities, and their PvP is amazing. and they are better boss tankers, as they have more dodge and armour and HP on MOST occasions
Back to top Go down
Arrelion
Corpse Maker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I got a tanker pally from my fren (he quited Razz) and I found out that the pally suck terribly at maintaining aggro as his damage is about 100+ to 300+.

A little EDIT here:
I've noticed the pally got all tanking warr gear so this might be the cause of the low-damage problem or maybe it's just the lacking of skill at playing a pally
Laughing
Back to top Go down
|\ Spyder /|
The Forum Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:20 am

paladins go for spell damage tanking man. you need to use things like consecration, SoR (SoV is better when it works, more threat) and you SHOULD be using something like Tempest of Chaos due to the + spell. paladins base all their threat around righteous fury/holy damage, so you should be spamming consecration, avengers shield, seals/judgements that give holy, and also, against group tanks, go with ret aura > dev aura, = constant threat gain on multiple targets from 2 sources (should be dropping consecrate)

above all, paladin tanks should OOM around 1 minute into the fight. if not, then your doing something wrong. this is because paladins spam aggro gain, then use the exess to mop up mana using SoW after he can supply a huge threat buff. Consecrate procs SoW, normal hits proc SoW, seals which do damage on hit proc SoW. you judge, then just keep going as you would normally.

NOTE: exorcism (under normal righteous fury, not prot spec, with healing weps - based on my holy pally -) generates nearly 7k threat on normal, 19k threat crit with JoC on the target. warriors cant do that in one spell xD
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

SPAM! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Polymorphic Paladin   The Polymorphic Paladin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Polymorphic Paladin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy - Forum :: Class Discussion :: Paladin-
Jump to: