Legacy - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy - Forum

a forum for the use of the members of the Horde PvE guild legacy From the the private server BurningWoW

HomeHomeRegisterSearchLatest imagesLog inThe Armory

Pyro-mania

Go down 
+2
Crescendo
Arrelion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrelion
Corpse Maker

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:12 pm

I'm a fire mage so I probably could help out with most fire-talent-related problems. Though, if there are any other mages around who wants to help out, be my guest Smile

I know it can be a real headache to choose which talent that you want to focus on.. may it be fire or frost or arcane, the most important thing is to know your spec well.

I'll give a brief review on various mage specs here:

Arcane
Usually, mages choose this spec for 'Presence of Mind' and 'Improved Arcane Missiles' [Channeled spells are not so good for solo PvP though, I think] ~~~ Arcane mages have higher mana durability.

Fire
This spec is mainly for raids. You can still PvP in this spec tho. For fire mages, "The best defense is a good offense". Polymorph combined with a fireball/pyroblast, then continue it with a series of scorch and instant casts is mostly effective to catch an enemy unawares. This spec is also the best spec, I think, for AoE grinding/ farming (I used it to farm Lower City rep b4 Razz) Fire mages can also solo elite mobs but so far I've only tried soloing Scholomance and Stratholme. The solo raids were a success but I've gotten bored quickly rabbit Most fire mages need to invest some of their talent points in the arcane talent tree to gain better mana regen. ~~~ Fire mages have better sustained DPS.

Frost
So far, I have to admit that this spec is great for solo PvP vs rogue. Frost mages usually kite their enemies after slowing them down (with the chill effect). Frost mages are also good for soloing elite mobs as they can kite and deal as much damage as they could. (On BWoW, I've seen frost mages killing Level 70 elite mobs in BT b4 scripts arrived) To add it all up, frost mages also have a cool water elemental as a pet that can deal quite a lot of damage. ~~~ Frost mages have higher survivability.

I would suggest spec-ing fire to get a decent set of gear before switching to frost for maximum PvP capability. I don't exactly like being an arcane mage even though Presence of Mind can be so awesome. But still it depends on your own views.

If you guys have any problems, I'll do my best to help you out. I'm not exactly the BEST mage on the server and I've never played on retail so please pardon me if I'm wrong in any way.
Back to top Go down
Crescendo
Forum Newbie

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:43 am

Arcane Power is a must for extremely OP crits.
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:22 pm

yeah i am pyro for lvl'lin, but i find it funny taht you have like 15% crit, but your fire spells get an extra 10-15% crit from talents lol

but yeah i start with pyroblast, fireball, then the instant thing and frost nova, blink, fireball, instant attack (fireblast i think) and that should kill most things
Back to top Go down
nohealforyou
Forum Newbie
nohealforyou

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:02 am

heh..my mage is arcane frost i got i hit 5.6k crit :X (kinda low) <.<
Back to top Go down
Arrelion
Corpse Maker

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Lol. My fire mage can only crit for about 4 - 5k max and he got about 30% ++ crit.

I definitely need to stack up spell damage gems and enchants (got about 1030+ fire spell damage Razz)

Oh yea, I gotta add in here that dragonbreath (41-points in fire talents tree) is good against most melee attackers [to disorient them so that you can get as far away as possible to use some time-consuming spells] but the spell should be used while facing your attacker (you will have a higher chance of hitting him with the spell, though do not attempt this if u are lagging).

It is, in a way, like the fear spells that warlocks have.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Corpse Maker
Gazza

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:40 pm

PoM Frost Bolt Ftw
Ice Lance OP
Frost Nova
And Winter Chill
Frost Bites

Gah! Owned Much D:

1 Class I cants Beat is Arcane Ice Mages D:
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 pm

yeah i was playing my mage, lv 62 now XD pretty sweet, 1.5-2.5k crits with pyroblast, fireball is about 2k, and yeah grinding, it is one of the best classes ever, due to conjure food, water XD
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 pm

yeah i was playing my mage, lv 62 now XD pretty sweet, 1.5-2.5k crits with pyroblast, fireball is about 2k, and yeah grinding, it is one of the best classes ever, due to conjure food, water XD
Back to top Go down
metalli-guy
Guild Elite
Guild Elite
metalli-guy

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

I'm playing an arcane mage, 40/0/21, and i'm lovin it, frostbolts crit for 5k unbuffed, i can get arcane power and get even more damage, also arcane adds stats to my spell damage and mana.
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:00 pm

wow that is sweet news, i may become one, if the results are that good XD
Back to top Go down
Arrelion
Corpse Maker

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:40 am

On PWoW, arcane mages are the best now Smile but ima stick to fire
Back to top Go down
billybobjoe
Mass Murderer
billybobjoe

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

what kind of crits you getting? since my dude is still in vendor gears with low as fek SP he sawks atm hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pyro-mania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro-mania   Pyro-mania Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyro-mania
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy - Forum :: Class Discussion :: Mage-
Jump to: